Do you know that some toothaches are hard to spot and diagnose? A toothache refers to aches produced when nerves within your pulp, located in the roots of your teeth, are damaged. This can be the result of an infection, an oral accident or injury, bad oral hygiene, or tooth loss including extractions, and in some cases, the discomfort may be felt in the mouth, face, ear, and jaw.
You should seek treatment and visit a dentist if any of the following complications occur:
– A tooth has been visibly knocked out due to an accident or blunt trauma.
– High fevers or chills that cannot be treated with medication may be a sign of a toothache.
– Severe discomfort continues for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been pulled.
– Pain is present even after using over-the-counter medications.
– Facial rashes that cannot be straightforwardly explained or linked to another cause.
– You have inflammation in your face or have a fever which may be caused by an abscess or noticeable discharge that can be seen or felt around a tooth.
– Wisdom teeth may cause pain when erupting above the gum line, causing inflammation.
To schedule an oral exam for toothaches at Barry E. Malkiel, DDS, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Lawrenceville, Georgia, with Dr. Barry Malkiel and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 770-995-9255. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!